Self Assessment Tax Returns

Self Assessment involves completing an online or paper tax return in order to tell HMRC about your income and capital gains (profits on the sale of certain assets), or to claim tax allowances or reliefs against your tax bill. There are different types of tax return and different 'supplementary pages' you may need to complete depending on your circumstances. There are also deadlines for sending your tax return in - and penalties and interest charges if it arrives late.

Self Assessment tax returns are normally sent out in April each year (or a notice to fill in a tax return if you file online). If you've not received a return but think you should complete one contact your Tax Office. Your employer or pension provider will have details of this, or you can search online.

If you pay tax on your earnings or pensions through PAYE (Pay As You Earn) your employer or pension provider deducts tax on our behalf and you won't usually need to complete a tax return.

But if you have more complicated tax affairs you may need to complete a tax return. There are also certain circumstances in which you will always need to complete a tax return - for example if you're self-employed, a company director or a trustee or if you have foreign income.

At JPC Financial we can prepare your Self Assessment Return for you and file it online for as little as £85 per Return. If you are interested please give us a call on 01483 730730 or e-mail us for a quote.